Start a new topic

DXF Import Problems

Hello,

I've been struggling with a 3D import for a long time, with no success. I'll run you through what I do and point out when it does wrong.

So, to start with I create a simple exterior simulation 200m long by 40m wide.

As you can see, at this point, all is fine, in the 3D view I can see the 200x40 area ready to use.

So next I import my .dxf model, i leave the scaling alone as the model is 1:1 and positioned at the origin.

Still good so far:

However you can see i need to move it a touch to the centre of my work area (it's a train station btw). So next i click it once and click on the handle to move it.

At this point it all goes wrong, the grid goes massive, the camera controls break so I can't really use anything.

You can just about make out my work area in the corner, in the opposite corner something else has appeared, I can't look at it though as the camera control have broken.

I need to know what is causing this problem as I need to run lighting simulations for this train station.

Please assist. I have attached the dxf file that I need to attach for you to look at, please get back to me as soon as possible.

Kind Regards, Darian Shurville.

PS, i cant attach the file, you have size limits in place that stop me. Please contact me by email if you want a copy:   d-shurville@rail-elec.co.uk

1 Comment

Dear Mr. Shurville

This forum thread was been converted into a ticket.

You will automatically receive an email with the ticket number.

We noticed that you generated various requests of inquiries via the user forum.

For inquiries to the support team please create a support ticket instead of a forum thread.

There is it possible to send us files with a bigger file size.

Kind regards

Your support team