Start a new topic

UGR table calculation according to DIN 12464-1

Dear all

I am trying to perform a UGR-evaluation of a room, but am not sure how to do this correctly according to DIN 12464-1, nor how to accurately interpret the results.

Sadly, I do not have access to the CIE 117 to read up directly about the "tabular method".

The room:

- rectangular, BxL = 5.8 x 6.8 m, height 2.64 m

- 4 identical luminaires, positioned flush with the ceiling

- one large table in the middle (2.1x4.1m. height 0.74 m), chairs sorted around the table

The evaluation planes:

- task area, assigned to the table, so at height 0.75 m and set to profile DIN 12464-1 - office - conference room

- evaluation area (reference plane) at 0.75 m height

UGR observers

- three UGR-observers, placed in the room according to three chairs, at height 1.2 m (eye height), +/- 90° horizontal viewing angle and viewing direction towards the table

Results:

- taks area: no UGR value

- evaluation area: one max UGR-value (ex. UGR (4.0H 4.7H) <= 20.9)

- UGR-observers: graphs of UGR-value according to viewing angle for each of the observers

My questions:

- 4.0H 4.7H correspondends to a H = 2.64-1.2=1.44, with B = 4.0H and L = 4.7H -> this means that the UGR-evaluation was at height 1.2 m, even though the evaluation area is at 0.75 m??

- is the result of the "table method" according to CIE 117 this one UGR limit value for the evaluation plane?

- the results from the UGR-observers are interesting, but as far as I understand it, irrelevant for the DIN 12464-1 evaluation?

- why is there no UGR-results from the task area?

Thanks a lot for clarifications!

Sarah

1 person has this question

Dear Sarah,

Your comment fits better into support department. FORUM is thought user to user  and your question is more for support assistance. support@relux.com

Hi Pablo,

I am betting on two horses, and sent the same questions to the support as well. As of yet, no reply..

Thanks,

Sarah

Login or Signup to post a comment