Start a new topic

Create User Luminaire Symbols

Please advise the DXF format required for creating user defined symbols when this is chosen from;

Product selection > [pick luminaire] > Modify Type (Modify Luminaire) > Symbol (Allocate Symbol) > Category > [my defined folder goes here]

created from within here; C:\Program Files (x86)\ReluxDesktop\symbols\[my defined folder goes here] 

This will permit me to create layouts using 'corporate' specific luminaire symbols as opposed to what is defined within the program.

Thank you.

Dear Bernard Glossop

First, as you have written, you need to create a new folder in the folder path C:\Program Files (x86)\ReluxDesktop\symbols

In a second step, you can draw your own symol using for example AutoCAD and make sure that the outline of your luminaire symbols are closed.

Different ways to create the symbols produce different results, the following picture gives some hints on how to vary the design.

Save your drawing as a .dxf file and drag & drop it into the folder you have created before.

Now it is possible to use the new symbols for your luminaire by opening the Symbol dialog under " Modify luminaire ".

Best regards,

Relux Informatik AG
Basile Schlegel

Relux Support

I see that your blocks are AC1014 - AutoCad DWG Release 14. Do they have to be this format or newer? I was inadvertently creating AC1009 AutoCad DWG Release 11/12, which appear to not work.

Two further questions:

• Where is the object default insertion point?
  • What is the oldest AutoCAD drawing database version that can be used? 

Dear Bernard Glossop

Make sure you have created your luminaire symbol around the point of origin.

So far we do not know any AutoCAD version that could not be imported.

Best regards,

Relux Informatik AG
Basile Schlegel

Relux Support

Thank you.

Login or Signup to post a comment