Start a new topic

How to simulate several rooms with only one shading object?

Dear developers and users,

Is it possible to only model one shading object and use it to simulate several rooms? Actually I should repeat the shading modelling when there are 2 or more rooms. Is it possible to avoid the repeation?

One more question, is it possible to get in one figure 2 or more rooms results when they were modelled independtly (not with partition in a big room)?

Kind regards

Aleck

Dear Aleck Tao

What exactly do you mean by shading object?

To your second question. You can insert more than one evaluation area to split your room into different areas and to obtain more than one result for one room.

Best regards,

Relux Informatik AG
Basile Schlegel
Relux Support

In fact, I have already found this method before and I can also get around the 1st question by modelling a big room and creating several partitions. I just want to get your confirmation if it's possible to share an external shading object (which may represent another building's facade of front view) by differents rooms , like this in my example (attached image :ReluxResult)。At the beginning, I created each room indepently and after simulated a room with my shading build (attached image of result2), I realised that i can't simulate the rest rooms with this, so where my 1st question comes from.

My 2nd question is related to how to avoid to begin from zero to create a big room if the independt model has already been created. I want to get a result like my ReluxOverview file even with independt model. Maybe it's not permitted actually by relux. Could you confirm?

Dear Aleck Tao

Thank you for this information, now I have fully understood your Question.

Each room is calculated separately and is not affected by other rooms on the same floor as long as it is created in a separate scene.

This means that a calculation is performed within a scene and not in the floor, so you need to copy and paste the exterior wall for each scene individually.

Or, as you just did, create a large room, insert several partition walls and evaluation areas for each room. Then you don't have to create multiple exterior walls.

I hope I could help you, let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Relux Informatik AG
Basile Schlegel
Relux Support

Login or Signup to post a comment