Start a new topic

Daylightsavings with multiple adjacent buildings. How to create buildings? (Not just independant rooms)

I'm trying to use relux to do daylight calculations of two adjacent buildings based on a 2D CAD. They're tall and close enough to severely affect eachother. Is there any tutorial/guide that accurately demonstrate how to go about creation two buildings from scratch? So far I can only find how to build single rooms, or floors, that seemingly don't affect each other. I'd like to be able to create two crudely designed 3 floor buildings with multiple rooms. And the effect of the shade of one building is calculated in the daylight calculation. Is it doable?

Dear Marius Bakka,

In this case, I see no other possibility than to calculate each room separately and place a 3D geometry in front of the windows to simulate the neighboring building.

Select the interior scene "Interior with CAD plan" and use the Floor mode to start your project.

Draw your rooms and insert windows into them.

The next step is to place a 3D cube outside the room where the other building is located. (Change the reflection of the cube to a more realistic one)

For each room you create, the cube must be moved to the correct place, and if you create a floor above the first one, the height of the block must also be changed.

Do not hesitate to contact me again for further questions.

Best regards,

Relux Informatik AG
Basile Schlegel
Relux Support

Thanks for the reply, this is pretty much what I ended up using. Some follow up questions though. First of all, while it probably wont be entirely necessary, is it possible to add glass surfaces etc. on the 3D geometry? Also, when I view the room in 3D, it looks like it creates a floor around the room, does this floor affect the lighting? How do I make the room raise to the second floor or make this floor stay ~3m below the window? Currently, I have a 3D element set -3m below, but there is still a floor around outside the interior room

Dear Marius Bakka

Yes, you could add more small cubes to your building geometry that are colored in the window material.

No, each scene is calculated separately and does not affect any other scene, even if they are located close to each other.

It is not possible that more than one floor is displayed, a complete house view does not exist in relux. Therefore, you should build each floor on the ground and move the opposite building down the higher the floor is.

Do not hesitate to contact me again for further questions.

Best regards,

Relux Informatik AG
Basile Schlegel
Relux Support

Login or Signup to post a comment