Start a new topic

Emergency Lighting for Stairs and Exterior Exterior Combination

Hi, Relux forum. I am currently working on an industrial plant project. In the plant I'm working on, I have escape routes that go through open staircases, but seems Relux can only do 2D escape routes but not 3D. Are there any users who have experience with it?

And also, for me, I have been dealing with an issue is, the industrial plant does not only have indoor rooms but also outdoor platforms. Does Relux allow me to do indoor and exterior design at the same time? Up until now, I have been modeling an indoor room within an exterior scene which I don't think it is the smartest method to do. 

Dear Jimmy Lee 

Please have a look at the short tutorial in the attachement, which explains how to create stairs with measuring surfaces. I hope this will provide you with the required information.

Yes, ReluxDesktop allows you to create an exterior design around the interior scene. 

I recommend that you duplicate the room in which you want your outdoor object to have, only then will it be possible to print an indoor and outdoor 3D view of your scene.

After you have placed objects outside your scene, right-click your scene and select "exterior view".

Now your scene is displayed as an exterior scene.

To calculate the measuring surfaces located outside, open the Calculation Manager and check the box "Calculate external faces".

Do not hesitate to contact me again for further questions.

Best regards,

Relux Informatik AG
Basile Schlegel
Relux Support

mp4
(8.48 MB)

Thank you Basile for your reply! It seems the photos show exactly what I wanted to do. But does it mean I should be doing an exterior project and then add an interior scene inside it?

Another thing is unfortunately the 3D model I was working on was exported from Revit, is there a way to define a room as an indoor scene and a platform as outdoor scene?

Regards

Jimmy

Ah, and also. Is it possible I can have 2 rooms in the same scene instead of 1? Unfortunately, the plant I'm working on is not as simple as a rectangular building haha.

Regards

Jimmy 

Dear Jimmy Lee

You are welcome. No, that will not be possible. The only way to combine an inteior scene with an exterior scene is to create an interior scene and add some object outside the room.
Please note that this should only be done to add some small architectural objects such as a balcony. Otherwise, create a separate Outdoror scene.

If Revit is installed on your computer, you can download our free add-on ReluxCAD for Revit from our website and export the desired room to ReluxDesktop. In a second step you can even export the same room as an outdoor scene, so you can carry out your light design for both situations separately.

If you do not have Revit installed, place the 3D model in an exterior scene and add measuring surfaces and luminaires to it.

It is not possible to have more than one room in a scene, except when the rooms are close to each other and you use a partition wall to divide one room to make two.

Do not hesitate to contact me again for further questions.

Best regards,

Relux Informatik AG
Basile Schlegel
Relux Support

Login or Signup to post a comment